In my West Vancouver-based psychotherapy private practice since 1993, as a Registered Psychologist, I have worked with a broad range of individuals who have been concerned about experiences of personal distress that can vary in frequency, form, intensity and impact on their lives. Personal satisfaction and growth have been restricted. Social and interpersonal relationships have been dissatisfying. Effectiveness at work has been reduced.
Psychotherapy is for anyone who feels they may need professional support to explore, overcome, face or cope differently with various life situations that affect them, their lives and people around them. Depending on client needs, my practice is directed toward short-term and long-term treatment as well as to an urgent response to immediate crisis.
My practice has been directed toward these kinds of concerns, some of which could be described as follows:
- Interpersonal problems or conflicts
- Immediate personal crisis
- Anxiety — general, social, performance and panic attacks
- Bereavement, grief or adjustment to loss
- Trauma recovery
- Post traumatic stress or acute stress reaction
- Work stress or job dissatisfaction
- Substance abuse
- Adjustment to life circumstances
- Disillusionment with life or loss of meaning
- Personal growth and self actualization